Radio Production level 5
The purpose of this Qualification is for learners to be able to produce radio programs. The National Certificate in Radio Production at NQF Level 5 is generic across commercial, public, and community service fields. The community impact of this Qualification includes the presentation of job opportunities to which all-cultural groups have access, through community radio broadcasting.
The Qualification is also wide-ranging, cutting across a broad spectrum of the economy. The Qualification was designed to accommodate radio programs relevant to all audiences. The Qualification aims at enabling learners to be employable in all three sectors (public, commercial, and community). Production, packaging, journalistic, content development are competencies required across all three tiers of broadcasting and the qualification will allow the competent learners to be employable in all sectors of radio not just community radio.
The Qualification will enable the learners to make value judgments; packaging calls for putting elements together in a unique and creative manner, producing calls for a process of research, conceiving ideas, and actualizing those ideas. This Qualification requires learners not just to make products but also to be able to develop content for radio broadcasts.
- Operating within legislative frameworks within the radio sector
- Building a resource network for radio production
- Generating and pitching ideas for broadcast
- Writing scripts for radio
- Producing “live” and “studio-recorded” programs
- Editing and multi-track mixing
- Presenting radio shows
- Interview guests, panels, and content providers
- Technical Operations
- Technical Practice
- Script Writing
- Broadcasting Techniques
- Radio program producer
- Radio broadcaster/presenter
- Radio Continuity announcer
- Programming officer
- Radio Commercial producer
- Radio broadcast journalist
- Grade 12 – Matric,
- A senior certificate or
- National Certificate (N3) or a relevant Nated equivalent qualification
- International students with Senior School Certificate can apply.