FILM & TV Production Operations level 5
This Qualification provides the learner with the necessary competence to enter the film and television industry by ensuring that they understand the context and that they are able to function within the context of film and television productions. Learners further understand the importance of the industry within the broader socio-economic context and can apply this in an employment situation. The competence attained by learners enables them to contribute in a meaningful way, through their use of the media, to the social and economic development of the nation at large through effective participation in film and television production.
Qualifying learners are able to follow the work ethic required in the film and television production sector. They can make an informed career choice based on knowledge of the industry and provide a valuable support role in the industry. Qualified learners adhere to health and safety legislation, and can operate in a business, including maintaining productive interpersonal relations. Due to the high level of technology in the industry, learners are also required to be computer literate to be awarded this qualification.
Level 5 (Year 2) Exit Outcomes
- Organizing and managing information about film or television production activities according to specified requirements.
- Determining film or television resource requirements for specific production processes.
- Planning film or television production activities to meet given requirements.
- Assessing film or television production processes against given quality requirements.
- Implementing film or television production processes as directed within an area of specialization.
- Controlling film or television operations according to specified business principles.
Level 5 (Year 2) Modules
- Team Work & Time Management
- Business Communications
- Media Law & Ethics
- Sound Recording & Design (Advanced) (*Nuendo Software)
- Camera Operations
- Video Editing (Advanced) Software Specific* Adobe Premiere
- Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- Vision Mixing
- Floor Managing & Directing
- Film & Tv Producing
- Production directors,
- Camera operators,
- Lighting technicians,
- Independent filmmakers and
- Production freelancers
REGISTRATION FEE: R350.00
DEPOSIT FEE: R950.00
MONTHLY INSTALMENT: R1500.00
TOTAL INSTALEMNT FEES: R17800.00